Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2, 2015


The District!!! My comp is the one making the crazy scary face hahaha

Well it was another great week!!!  I have grown to love contacting.  Oh man, I used to be scared to do it but it has grown to become my absolute favorite part of missionary work.  As the Lord says in Doctrine & Covenants it is our job to 1. raise our voice at all times and 2. preach repentence.  I have been working on developing charity big time these past few months and I feel this deep need to bear witness of the Savior in every moment.  I love preaching repentence and restoration in the street.  It's something that held me back from truly being a consecrated missionary before.  I held back because of my fears but now I LOVE street contacting so much.  All the amazing people we get to meet and try to give them this happiness.  Man, I could go on about how much I love it, for days.  Haha.
Paolo is doing okay.  He had a rough week.  He smoked last Thursday but is determined to quit and drop it for forever.  He is still good to go for the 14th if he can help him completely drop it.  Hopefully his interview will be this week.  He has such strong desires and just wants to be happy and he is slowly but surely finding it as he is coming closer to Christ.  I love that man!!  I wish you guys could meet him.
Osaheni is doing great.  We taught him lesson three and he loved it.  We invited him to come see the baptism that there was on Saturday and he said, "No, I want mine to be a surprise.  I don't want to know how it is until it's my turn".  hahaha! Super funny.  He's really excited for baptism.
We are also teaching an evangelical couple from Venezuela who speak English.  They are extremely "we are saved by grace".  We taught the Plan of Salvation and made them hold their questions until the end cause they always ask so many questions it gets off topic.  So we taught it and she was like well I know "I'm not gonna try and say I did my part and now I can receive mercy on judgement day, I'm gonna throw my hands up and say "Jesus, save me!!!" and I'll be saved."  So we have been studying grace a ton this past week and how we can help them understand what the gospel and grace and everything truly means.  It's been a great testimony builder for me and my understanding of the gospel in connection with the plan of salvation has grown immensly.  So I'm excited to continue teaching them.  They have so much potential!!  Super great people.  Their names are Eddi and Marja.
We are also teaching a lady from Nigeria whose name is Mercy.  She lost her mother about 3 or 4 weeks ago and is struggling a lot.  We had an extremely powerful lesson with her last night.  We gave her a blessing and talked about how much her Father in Heaven loves her.  Powerful lesson!!!
I am so happy to be here.  This is the greatest place on Earth.  Spain is amazing.  I love these people and I feel like this is home.  I love this work and i just love life!!!  I have just left what was the biggest trial of my life.  A Coruña was an amazing place to lay a foundation and learn to be a missionary.  B4 turned me into a man and B9 turned my life over to the Lord. The day I got to B9 I never thought it would be the area that would change my life for forever but it happened.  As trial after trial after trial came I never thought it would end but I never thought the blessings of it would come either. Consecration was the blessing and the blessings are now coming for living in a consecrated way. Because consecration is the law of the temple and as you live the law of the temple the full blessings of the temple are given.  I testify of the power of that law. Consecration is the only true way to live.  I learned that in B9 and am trying to perfect it here in Torrejon.  So give your lives and hearts to the Lord. You'll know you are getting there as your prayers change from "I want this, please bless this to happen", to "Father, I know that my will isn't yours. Let your will be done."  I've experienced it and it is liberating.  I know this work is His.  It's a long personal story I will tell when I get home but I have turned my heart over to the Lord and I have been so blessed for it.  I love you all!!!  So glad to hear all is going well back home!!!  Thanks for everything mom!!  I love you!!!!
¡Os quiero!
Elder Anderson
¡hurah por isreal!