Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015



Wow! another amazing week back home!!  Makes me really happy!  

Well, Paolo smoked at the beginning of this week so this puts us back to square one.  He hasn't smoked since and we have to re-interview him to be baptized on the 28th.  Keep him in your prayers!!  He has a strong testimony and is so grateful for how the gospel is blessing him.  He just needs to drop smoking.  It was a sad week for that reason but we will continue working with him. 

Osasu is still doing really well.  Still reading and coming to church.  He is just chugging along to baptism. 

Osaheni is the funniest man I have ever met.  He calls us his white boys and is just amazing.  He is loving the lessons.  We went over the 10 commandments and he told us, "I feel like we are going over things, I want you to teach me about what I need to do after baptism."  He's super ready and is doing great!! 

We have been teaching Mercy (the one whose mother died) and we challenged her to baptism but things went crazy during the lesson and there were a ton of distractions and it was hard to discuss things so we challenged her to pray about it but we haven't heard from her since.  But, we will be able to meet again, I'm not worried about it! 

We met with a Nigerian man last night named Sunny.  He is awesome!!!  It was our first lesson with him and we taught him lesson 1.  He was studying to be a Catholic priest but isn't anymore.  He is super cool and is really excited to read and pray about the Book of Mormon.  Super awesome new investigator. 

That's been a huge struggle for us - finding new investigators.  Every time we have a lesson set it fails us or something comes up.  We have only started teaching 2 new investigators this entire transfer.   It's been rough but we are working hard! 

Yeah my comp only has 2 weeks left!  It's crazy.  He is freaking out but working hard till the end.  He's a great companion!! This transfer has flown by though.  Crazy!! 

Well this has been an incredible week of studying!!!!  I have studied obedience and sacrifice.  The greatest thing I have realized is this: these past few months through my trials I have been asked to sacrifice things.  To give up my will for His will and now I am here, still imperfect, and therefore still having things to sacrifice.  I went into this week looking for what I could sacrifice, and I was looking for big things.  Here's what I learned though; In ancient times under Mosaic law the Lord required a sacrifice of the firstlings of the flock, then things changed as the law was fulfilled.  In 3 Nephi 9:19-20 the Lord states that the sacrifice they will offer is a broken heart and a contrite spirit.  That which we offer at baptism and thereafter as we partake of the sacrament.  Our level of living the law of sacrifice is found in our attitude as we partake of the sacrament as we approach it with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, preparing to give up the sins and mistakes of the last week.  That is what we have been asked to sacrifice.  It was a super cool connection and it made the sacrament a really good experience this last week!  Have an amazing week!!!!  Love you all!!!! 

Love,

Elder Jarrett Anderson
 
¡hurah por israel!