Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 85 - July 6, 2015

Well another transfer has come and gone!!  I cannot believe our two transfers together are over.  It's been amazing and I'm so grateful to have served with Elder Cahoon.  He was an amazing missionary and was an incredible example of obedience.  I learned so much fun with him.

I will continue here in barrio 5 but my new companion will be Elder Esquen from Peru, but he lives in Sevilla (in the south of Spain).  He is an awesome missionary!  He was in my district in Torrejon and I'm super excited to be with him.  Yes, he is a native so my Spanish will improve a ton! 

This week was an interesting one.  The last week with your companion is always an interesting one.  But it was great!!  We had an amazing companionship.  Just absolutely loved each other.  So much fun!!  But we finished strong!  Will is now praying about the 18th for a baptismal date.  PRAY FOR HIM!!!  He is SOO close!  All he needs is a little push from the spirit and he will be there.  He is awesome!  Just a great friend, and he will be an amazing member! 

Vilma and Vanesa are still doing well.  Vilma left this morning to go get married in the Philippines and she will be back in August.  Vanesa is doing well but she will be going on vacations and so she will not be baptized until August. We just need to have patience.

Pray a lot for Lolo, and Juan.  We haven't been able to meet with them very much.  Just pray that we can meet more with them. 

I have been able to have some incredible experiences on intercambios.  I have learned on my mission what it truly means to minister to people and how we are the hands of the Lord on the earth.  As I am acting in the name of the Lord, I have been able to truly bless other missionaries, lift them up, help them improve, and help them feel the love of the Lord.  It's kinda like my "home teaching" to the other missionaries haha:)  I love blessing the lives of others and helping them receive the blessings of the atonement.  I went on two intercambios this week.

We had a lesson with a woman named Rosa, she's met with missionaries for 3 years.  She was very shut off at first but we went in on Saturday very humbly and simply testified, followed the spirit and asked some very inspired questions that allowed her to reflect, and the spirit hit her so hard!  She said, "I understand now, I'm changing what I think now" keep her in your prayers.  We meet with her on Wednesday!! 

I love you all!!  Have an absolutely amazing week!!  Thanks for everything.  You're the greatest family of all time!  I've been so blessed to be born into our family.  Thanks for your examples. 

Invitation for the week!  Say a prayer of all gratitude.  Asking nothing, just thanking our Father for all he has given us.  I did it last night and it was a very tender experience.  Count your many blessings!  And name them one by one :)

Love you!

Elder Jarrett Anderson

¡El reino de dios o nada!