Monday, July 20, 2015

Week 87 - July 20, 2015

Going to be honest my fast didn't turn out to great.  We went to visit a family from the ward and she had bought a lot of supplies to make us a traditional food from her country.  I went to the bathroom and prayed and asked what to do and the answer I got was "eat her food".  Sometimes we need to sacrifice our wants for His wants.  It was a great meal and we discussed their friends and they are going to start to talk with 3 families they know and we're going to try to have a noche de hogar with them!!!:) and the family was so grateful for our visit.  They were so happy to have us over.  

It was a good week. We continue to work with Talia, the new one from Peru.  She can't come to church but is progressing. In September she will be able to start coming to church.

Will wasn't baptized this weekend.  He is struggling to make the decisions.  Doctrinally he knows it's true but he doesn't have family nor friend support.  I'm praying really hard to know what we should do to help him.

We found Juan again in the park!!!  He is really sad he can't meet with us and we talked about the faith the come to church. (He is working a lot) and he is actually going to try to find another job so he can come to church!!  He has such faith and we are really excited for him.  Keep praying that he can find a way to come to church!! 

We had zone conference this week!  It was an introduction the Pack family and Elder Peterson and I were asked to conduct the meeting.  It was an amazing meeting and the Packs are amazing!!!  I am so excited to work with them for the next couple months!!  They are so inspired and are going to do amazing things here in Spain.  Now I didn't really get to the notes because I was asked to translate the meeting.  So I was the Spanish to English and English to Spanish translator for 4 straight hours.  The night before and all morning I was praying for the gift of tongues, interpretation of tongues, translation and whatever other gift I might need to be able to do it.  It was an amazing experience.  Absolutely amazing. Whenever we prepare (in prayer and study) and then come humbly seeking the Lord's help, He can bless us.  I translated for 4 straight hours without stopping once, without getting lost, and without forgetting words.  It was an unforgettable experience.  I just want to testify that the gifts of the spirit are real.  I couldn't have done that alone.  So seek ye earnestly the best gifts!  Bless the lives of others through your gifts! They are real! 

Love you all!! Have an amazing week!:)

Elder Anderson 

¡El reino de dios o nada! 
¡Hurah por Israel!

Love you!!!:)