Monday, January 19, 2015

Transfers - January 19, 2015

Well I am now writing to you from....

Torrejon!

It's a pueblo on the outside of Madrid.  To the east of the city.  It's a beautiful place (from what I've seen in the 15 minutes I've been here)  I am super excited!!!!  My new companions name is Elder Malan.  I don't know if I ever talked about him before but we served in A Coruña together for a transfer. (obviously not companions but we got to know each other really well!) and now here I am, going to be his last companion (he goes home at the end of this transfer).  I am super excited to be with him!  He is an incredible missionary and I've heard amazing things about this area.  I will also be serving as district leader here in Torrejon.  I'm kinda nervous 'cause I don't know what I'm doing haha but it will be exciting.  I forgot my planner in my bags in the piso so I am going to try and remember some things about the week but it's been kind of a blur.

With leaving, it's always a blur of emotions and everything just becomes so surreal and weird.  It's always amazing to look around and see the work you have done.  When the Savior went to the spirit world He saw all those who had waited patiently believing on His name and had lived the gospel in their lives with the hope the Savior would fulfill His mission and when he came we read in D&C 138 of the joy and praise that was sung to His name.  He saw (as it says in Mosiah 3 and Isaiah 53 "will see his seed") all those He had saved and to whom He had brought that hope.  He was able to see a portion of that there in the spirit world.  I caught a glimpse of what that must have been like yesterday.  As I sat in the back of the chapple,  I looked forward and saw Daniel and Melvi.  Daniel, who I had found and brought back and to Melvi had taught all the lessons.  Anxiously awaiting the day of her baptism.  I saw Joaquin and his girlfriend and son and their whole family there.  I saw Jaime whom I had helped finish teach and baptize.  I saw Andrea, the sister of Jose Luis who had come to church for the first time in about 10 years.  And I saw Luis and Ines who were baptized Saturday and who received the Holy Ghost yesterday.  With all the things that happened in this area.  With all the hard times.  With all the difficulties.  With all the heartache, pain, loneliness, and tears.  On my last day, I was able to look out over the congregation and see not my seed, but His seed.  His sheep who I had helped guide to or to return to the flock.  As his representative it meant so much to me to be able to see that.  See "His seed" and I felt good about the work I had done.  I did everything I was supposed to there.  The work was finished.  It was an incredible experience yesterday in sacrament meeting to see that.
Luis and Ines were baptized saturday!!!  It was an incredible baptismal service.  The spirit was present and they had an amazing experience. I baptized Ines and I always love to see their face as they come up out of the water.  Being clean and perfect.  Luis bore a powerful testimony about how he knows this is the true church and how the Book of Mormon has changed his life.  It was powerful.  I confirmed Luis yesterday in sacrament meeting and that was powerful as well.  Very tender experience as I left B9.




I will be sending pictures but I'm glad to hear it was a good week back home!!!  Thanks for the updates!!  Keep sending them!!  I love you all!!  Hurrah, Hurrah for Israel!!!
Love,
Elder Jarrett Anderson


Jaime and Elder Anderson

E. Anderson, Luis, Ines, E. Gorge, E. Anderson
Baptism Day - January 17, 2015 


E. Gorge, Luis, Ines, E. Anderson, E. Anderson