Monday, October 27, 2014

Writing to you from....

Well the last two weeks were absolutely amazing.  An incredible way to finish off my time in Barrio 4.  I have been transferred to Barrio 9 (which is in the southwest of Madrid) and my new companions name is Elder Overson.  He is from Oregon! but lived in Mexico.  He is a stud and I am super pumped to work with him.  This will also be the first time I'm the older one in the companionship.  He has 6 months in the mission and well I'm at 11.. woah.. yesterday was a weird day thinking I came out 11 months ago.. the time flies but I'm loving it. 

I'll send some pics today!!  I saw that you went to Wales and i was like what!? haha but that makes more sense.. hahaha 
Wow!! I've been through Pontevedra and all over Galicia. Thats so cool!!  You'll have to tell me what areas Spence served in. 

Well this week was probably the greatest week of my entire mission.  Well, this weekend specifically.  Miguel's interview was successful Monday night and we worked with him all week to completely prepare him.  We planned the baptism for 6 on Saturday only to receive the news that "El Clasico" was going to start at that time. (The Clasico is the Real Madrid/Barcelona game).   We were freaking out cause the game is in our area and well, it's the biggest game of the year. So we didn't know if anyone would show up.  Miguel said no matter how much he loves futbol, God is first and so we went forward with the baptism and it was full!!!  Tons of people came and it was incredible!!  The Spirit was so strong and it was one of the most incredible experiences ever.  It's been amazing because when I first got to the ward he was the last person I ever thought would get baptized. like ever.  They were going to get divorced.  She said she never wanted to even see him again. like it was over. but with faith and the hand of the Lord, he came unto Christ. and they are planning on getting sealed next October!!!  Amazing.  and I am so blessed to have been a part of it.

The other reason it was such a great weekend was because of transfers.  I got to say goodbye to everybody. Not because I'm saying goodbye, because that was hard. extremely hard.  But I was able to hear of their love for me and I was able to express my love to them.  I knew I had done well in this ward but I wasn't sure.  But being able to hear from people how much I blessed their lives and the ward really helped me to know I did what the Lord asked me to do.  I gave it my all.  It was incredible for me.  So hard to say goodbye.  Yet such a blessing that I was able to see how much this ward has grown, and changed and the work is just taking off.  And it was all faith, hope, and hard work.  Miracles do happen and that's all I want you to know is God lives, and He is still working miracles in the lives of His children as long as we have the faith in Him.  All it takes is faith.  B4 was the greatest thing that ever happened to me.  I may not have been the greatest thing to ever happen to B4, but I gave it my all.  I gave it everything and although I'm leaving behind some of my greatest friends on earth. I was able to leave behind something else, testimony and lives changed.  And that's all the Lord asked me to do. Amazing week.  I love you all and hope you have another amazing week this week!!! 

Love,
Elder Anderson








Elder Anderson and the Primary kids in B4




Castle in Segovia

Roman Aqueduct in Segovia



Miguel and Silvia



Elder Anderson, Miguel, Silvia and Elder McFarland