Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

Well since I don't have much to say 'cause I have been extremely lost here in the new ward I'll just answer your questions and add anything else I think of. 

That's so cool you talked with Elder McFarland's mom!!  and got to hear the parts I didn't talk about.  Don't worry, we weren't starving.  We had rice.  haha  It all worked out good and I have lots of food now.  No worries!!  I have not been to the museum but I've heard about it!!!  and yes!!  The nativities are here in Madrid!!  I'm going to be keeping my eyes out this Christmas:)  We get to go do a session at the temple next week and as always I am stoked out of my mind.  I love going to the temple so much!!!

We lived in the metro stop San Lorenzo. and how Madrid works is it has like the outside pueblos (for example, Alcalá, Alcobendas, Guadalajara, towns like that) but then within madrid it has different "districts",  I think is what they are called.  I lived in the district of Hortaleza and now i live in the district of Carabanchel.  Carabanchel is known as the "ghetto" of Madrid.  It's not that scary though because Spain is extremely safe.  There is just a lot less money down here but the ward is awesome.  The people are awesome and I'm super excited to work with them.  We have had a couple of dinner appointments including one with the ward mission leader yesterday.  (although the dinner appointments aren't anything like B4 hahaha) but our ward mission leader is awesome.  He is the son-in-law of Tad R. Callister and it was weird speaking all English at the dinner appointment.  But it was super cool!!  He works hard and knows how to do the work.  His name is XXX XXXXXXXX.  He served in Barcelona years ago and he's a stud so this is going to be awesome!  The teaching is going good!!  We have quite a few investigators and there are actually 6 other missionaries in the ward.  The work is exploding!! and my comp has been here for three months.  Ever since he got to Spain (his visa waited in Salt Lake for 3 months)  Elder Overson is awesome.  His family lives in Mexico and he is originally from Oregon.  He already spoke Spanish before the mission and he is just a stud.  I am so excited to work with him!!! 

For the spiritual thought this week I wanted to share a scripture from Alma 32. Verse 19.  Read it.  What I love about it is it shows how much our Father loves us.  If we didn't have to walk by faith, because we live in a fallen state we would sin and would have no way to get back.  But because we have to walk by faith it gives us the best possible chance to return to him. 

I love you!!!  Have an amazing week!!!!  Thanks for everything!!!

Love,
Elder Anderson

¡El Reino de Dios o Nada!