Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015



Madre mía,

Well it was another long week to be honest.  We have been working hard but not a ton of fruits.  We spend a lot of time in the street and we just have not been able to find many news.  I'm being as obedient as possible and I'm dragging my companion along with.  I've been trying so hard.  My companion struggles with the schedule and I feel like I'm babysitting him sometimes but it's also been one of the most incredible experiences ever.  I have learned so much patience and I am truly learning to love him.  At times it's very difficult but President Jackson called me the other day and said thanks for what I am doing with him and for my help and said that he will "reverence my name forever" for the help I am giving him.  So I know it will be worth it.  Mom, you wouldn't recognize me!!  I am so pleased with my personal progress and how much I am growing and continue to grow.  I'm just upset with the lack of progress in the area.  But it's okay because some good things happened this week. 

We set a date for baptism with Sandra.  The lady from Nigeria who is the wife of Joe the recent convert. It's for the 25th of April!!  She's progressing little by little and is really enjoying the lessons. 

As well, the recent converts have their priesthood interviews this week!!!!  Super excited for that!!  Osasu and Osaheni will be receiving the Aaronic priesthood!!!

We have a bunch we have found in the street but none have turned into investigators yet.  Still trying to meet with them. But none of them can. 

I am really enjoying being the district leader.  It's been an amazing experience and I have grown a ton from it.  I've learned so much about the organization of the church.  I've learned how to correctly work with leaders and I know that will bless me later on.  I've truly come to understand church and priesthood government and why the Lord works this way.  I've also really enjoyed giving district meetings!!  They have been incredible experiences.  Every time someone has told me after that the spirit has testified to them and helped them with exactly what they needed.  It's ben an amazing experience!!! 

Just keep this area in your prayers.  We will eventually find people!!!  I know we will.  I hope to bring news of an amazing week next week.  I love you all!!  Thanks for everything!!!!:)

Love,
Elder Anderson