Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014


Hello family!!!  What a week it has been. Wow!! Ethan's home?  Tell Shelby I say hi as well!  In response to the haircuts, the Bishop in B4 (the one who sent us World Series updates) owns a haircutting shop!  So he did them sometimes or if he didn't have time, my comps just shaved my head. haha   

Well as for our week it was a long one but really fast.  We have a lot of good stuff going for us.  We have a lot of investigators but they had a system before of only meeting with them once a week.  I'm still getting the hang of the area and starting to get to know everybody really well. We are teaching a lot of people and it's been extremely good.  I'll give you a solid update on more of them next week but the greatest thing has been being able to really help these people.  I've never seen it as much before but how much a visit and a message about the Savior can lift the spirits really has strengthened my testimony of what the Savior did for us.  We do have one baptism this weekend.  His name is Jaime and he is from Bolivia.  We have been working on helping him understand the priesthood this last week.  It's been really good for him and he loves coming to church.  Just to give you an idea of what's going on here we had 9 investigators in church. The most I've had my entire mission and we have found some incredible people on the street that we are starting to meet with.  The work is incredible.  I love it here and I love being here and representing the living God and helping others feel of His love.  This work is amazing!!!

In regards to education and getting good grades that will be my spiritual thought.  Well, my advice is two fold.  You will one day hit the point when you will realize how important it was to study and prepare yourself.  Based on your acts now you will receive your recompense later on.  Comparable to the Plan of Salvation.  As we act now we will receive our reward later on.  So act now.  As Alma taught.  Now is the time for men to prepare to meet god. (Alma 34) so do not procrastinate anything. Extra curriculars are important, friends are important, but trust me.  The Lord will provide and bless you with plenty of incredible memories as we dedicate time to studying.  Put the Lord and the gospel first.  Then comes school. Make it a priority.  Secondly, my advice is study the section in chapter 8 of Preach my Gospel that talks about goals and read D&C 11:7 and remember this one principle.  Faith=action.  You have to act now and it will be done.  Set goals.  Make plans. (like we do in our weekly planning every single week  - I promise it helps)  and then the key is having the faith to make it a priority and act.  So go study those 2 references.  I promise that it isn't too late.  Keep studying hard.  I promise you'll regret it if you don't. So study hard and live up to your potential.  Live up to what the lord gave you.   

Love you all!!!! have an amazing week!

Elder Anderson

¡El reino de dios o nada!