Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 93 - August 31, 2015

Mi madre,
 Sí lo has dicho bien!!  You said it right:)  Well done!  It's so great to hear about all the adventures from your week and I'm always grateful for the update!!  I cannot believe that school has started.  That's just super weird to me.  I've been dreading the coming of this fall for a while now and it's finally here.  Just got to keep working hard and not worry about the little time I have left.  I always thought that the end of my mission would be the easiest part because by this point I'd know what I'm doing and I'd be in a good rhythm, that is not the case.  It's very difficult.  I'm maintaining a level of obedience, and hard work.  My work ethic and my heart are still in the right place, I'm still giving this work my whole heart, might, mind and strength because my love for the Lord is stronger than it has ever been.  But it's just hard.  For numerous reasons.  Still helping my companion make the changes necessary which requires a lot of patience.  It's really testing my good qualities to the max and changing those negative qualities I have.  I'm learning even more than I did before the importance of good communication and listening.  I thought I checked those off on the "lessons to learn list" but unfortunately I've got a lot of growth to make.  The good thing I've been able to see though has been my overall improvement over time.  I look back at who I was before and my very limited relationship skills and I am a new person.  I have developed so many abilities here and it's thanks to a lot of the rough moments that continuously come my way.  So I will continue to patiently and cheerfully submit to the will of the Lord and I know it will make me so much better. 

Miracle number one for the week!  Miyaret!  The daughter of the lady from the ward who wants us to teach her.  We met this week and she basically told us, I've been coming to church for ten years but because of some difficulties with time and other things I haven't been able to be baptized yet.  (She's 13)  She expressed her testimony of the Book of Mormon and said "this is the true church, I can just feel it".  She will be baptized the 12th of September.  It's been so fun to meet with her!  The lord has prepared her well and all we have to do is basically show up and review things with her. 

Miracle number 2!  The elders from barrio 6 passed us a reference named Graziano.  He is from Italy and is just a stud!!!! He is the coolest guy ever and said "I saw the Mormons in the street and said hey!  Mormons!  They're in my country too, I wonder what they have to say" and went and talked to the elders so we will begin to teach him next week.  Super excited!!

Vilma and Vanesa are back, but it's been tough to meet with them.  Vilma's daughter was in the hospital, so keep her in your prayers!!  We don't know what's going on exactly.  The grandma only speaks Tagalog and a little Spanish so we could barely get that out of her.  So I'll keep you updated on that!! 

Lolo has been working in Malaga again this week.  So he should be back today. (At least that's what we've been told) ha! We aren't gonna give up on him!!  So we will just keep the faith and keep trying!!!

We met with Elizabeth and she was really worried that we were going to have her go out and proselyte in the street after baptism haha so we told her that wasn't a requirement and talked a little about member life.  It calmed her fears!  She says she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she believes the church is true.  She just works on Sundays so she can't come to church.  Which is a big bummer.  It's the only thing impeding her progression!  She's doing good though!

Roberto had a rough week and wasn't able to meet.  But he is still wanting to meet with us!  So sometime this week we will be meeting.

Overall it's been a good week. Just trying to plug along! Things are going well.

I invite you to continue to seek to have those effective studies of the scriptures so that we may strengthen our testimonies and our will to stay faithful to the Lord no matter the consequences.  I hope you all know I love the Lord.  He is my King and I am His servant. 
I love you all!!  Thanks for your support and love.  Have an amazing week!!! 

Love,
Elder Jarrett Anderson

¡El reino de dios o nada!
¡Hurah por Israel!

P.s. The weather is starting to cool down a little bit!!  It's getting better haha. It's bearable now.

Enviado desde mi Ipad