Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

May was always a wild month back home I remember!  Well, kind of, I was usually off playing ball so I probably just added to the craziness.  I'm a little worried on the packages.  If I don't get them at Zone Conference this week then I'm gonna talk to the office elders and see whats up.  But no, I have not received the packages yet.  

President Jackson will be at zone conference this Thursday so that will be a big deal.

Yes, there are a couple to add to your Jarrett's investigators list!!!   Well, to start off about this week, it is a TON different than A Coruña.  The people are a lot more open and it's been just a huge change from last transfer.  We haven't had any time to contact opposed to the hours and hours on end of contacting in A Coruña.  We just talk to people between lessons and its crazy cause we get quite a lot of references.  People are just a lot more open.  The ward is awesome as well!!  The people are super nice and I have just fit right in.  It's not a whole lot bigger than A Coruña though about the same amount of active members.  

Elder Christensen is a great missionary!!  He's the district leader and works hard.  We get along really well!!  We're good friends and we teach well together.  We are working a lot with some recent converts, one named Alina.  She's cool, she speaks english and loves to listen to mormon channel but struggles reading every day so were working on getting her to develop that habit.  We are also working with Demiter (no idea how to spell it).  He also speaks English and it's super cool when we read the Book of Mormon together he reads in Bulgarian, us in Spanish and then we discuss it in English.  haha pretty cool!  He's an awesome guy and is a great friend.  Just the most sincere, caring man ever.  We also work a lot with Leo and he is a stud!!!  We are helping him to try and get on a mission and he's just a great guy.  He gets it.  He goes everywhere with his Book of Mormon, his teachings of President Joseph Fielding Smith book, and a notebook to take notes.  Everywhere he goes he has that in his backpack.  He comes to lessons with us all the time and is just an absolute stud!  We are also working with the Buenos.  They are cool!  He is a returned missionary and they were married in the temple but they're less active now and they are super cool.  They came to church yesterday!!!!:)  so that was awesome! 

As for investigators we have 3 with a baptismal date:)  The first is this weekend her name is Vanessa, a 14 year old.  Her mom Laura and this guy Manuel she lives with are also taking the lessons but they can't be baptized yet because they aren't married and are living together, but eventually they will be!   So, keep them in your prayers as well!  There is another recent convert named Javier and he is amazing. We are teaching his 14 year old daughter Anai right now and we had an INCREDIBLE plan of salvation lesson yesterday and she currently is on date to be baptized the 1st weekend in June!!!:)  We also are teaching a lady named Graciela and we had a lesson about our burdens in life and watched the conference talk from Elder Bednar and talked about handing things over to the lord.  It was powerful and she will be getting baptized the 8th of June.  

We have one other investigator named JF he is this 21 year old from here and he's cool. He is an athiest but he is praying and reading so pray hard for him!!  It was an amazing week and I am LOVING it here!!!! 

Oh, it's also really weird because we now have Hermanas (sister missionaries) in our ward. I've never even had sisters in my district so its kinda strange, haha,  they're cool though.  One is straight out of the MTC and the other has over a year.  They're great missionaries!  

My studies have been amazing lately as well.  I finished Jesus the Christ, and wow that was an amazing book, and now I'm reading it in Spanish.  I'm also reading through the Book of Mormon in Spanish and it's super cool.  I love study time.  The scriptures are incredible and sometimes the 1 hour we have for personal study just isn't enough haha but thats okay:)

Last thing, the futbol fans here are NUTS!!!  We were riding in a member's car to an activity and he was listening to part of a soccer game between Madrid Atlético and Barcelona and the radio went ballistic cause Atlético scored and this guy riding by on a bike just flipped out and was yelling goal goal goal!!!!  hahaha.  After the activity people were going crazy cause I guess Atlético won and people were honking at anyone with Atlético stuff and cheering and then other people were honking and yelling and just the entire city was going absolutely bonkers.  hahahaha.  It was awesome.  I'll have to choose wisely because we can go to one futbol game during our mission, and one bull fight as well, I believe so I better pick a good game. haha.  That will be fun!!!  Madrid is awesome.  I'm loving it. 

For the spiritual thought for the week I was reading in Acts 28 and I loved verse 27.

27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand withtheir heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

This is the key to conversion. We must see with our eyes. Hear with our ears and understand with our hearts.  Conversion is a continual process so I hope we can strive to continually convert ourselves to the Lord so he may spiritually heal us.  I testify that he can heal us spiritually.  I've seen it in my life, I've seen it in the lives of investigators, and in less actives. I've seen and felt the happiness - the happiness of spiritual healing that conversion brings. So strive always to continue on the path to conversion.  I love you all!!!!  Espero que tengaís una semana increíble. os quiero!! I hope you all have a great week!!  I love you!!! 

Elder Anderson

¡El Reino de Dios o Nada!